If you’re wondering how many methods are there to brush teeth, there’s no single way. In fact, there are many effective methods to brush teeth and they depend upon two main things:
- Tooth position
- Gum condition
So, it is important to consult a dentist before adopting a certain technique that could work best for you. Mississauga dentists can teach you take care of your teeth in the best possible manner.
There is one easy way to brush your teeth, and that is by moving a brush gently on your teeth in circular motion. However, the most effective technique as recommended by Mississauga dentist is mentioned below:
- Position your toothbrush against your teeth at 45 degrees
- Gently brush teeth by moving the brush in elliptical motion
- There are three surfaces of your teeth and each must be properly brushed.
- Try to brush between the teeth with soft bristle.
Elliptical technique works better than back-and-forth technique because it will not wear down the gum line.
What Sort of Bristle Work on Your Teeth, Hard or Soft?
A soft, rounded, multi-tufted brush can clean teeth effectively. All you need is, press it firmly enough to reach the surface of the teeth, as well as the spaces in between. Medium and hard bristles are not recommended by dentists in Mississauga.
In general, dentists recommend brushing teeth for at least 4 minutes. You can use an egg timer to measure your brushing time. General perception of the patients is, they think they brush longer, but actually they don’t.
Brush At Work
Although, majority of the workforce doesn’t brush at work, but the survey indicates that if you take a toothbrush in your bag, there are 65% chances that you brush your teeth at work. Work is not a escape door when it comes to taking care of your teeth.
Brushing at work is also more important, because you tend to take too much sugary snacks, starchy food that create acids and damage your teeth protection seal naturally present in the form of saliva. Using a fluoride toothpaste is even better, and if you use it twice a day; in the morning and at night, you don’t need to brush your teeth at work.
If you cannot brush at work, at least rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash for a few minutes. It will remove the debris out of your mouth and strengthen your tooth protection.
How to Motivate Yourself for Brushing at Work
- Brush teeth right after lunch, before taking up any task and forget this thing.
- Add it as an integral part of freshening up routine.
- Make reminders by posting a sticky note on your monitor screen or on your desk
- Buy a toothpaste and a toothbrush that can be used at work. Store them in a safe place. Then you need to make your toothpaste and toothbrush germ-free.
How to Store Your Brush At Work
- Store your toothbrush in a travel container which gives germ-protection
- Don’t forget to dry your toothbrush completely after using it and before putting it back into the container.
- Change your brush more often than the one you use at home