Every child looks forward to summer vacations and this phenomenon has not changed over the years. The excitement, anticipation and anxiousness are still the same. The only thing which has changed is the way children entertain and enjoy themselves during summer vacations.
Till 90’s summer vacation was mainly about going and meeting grandparents and having a blast with cousins. A family holiday to a hill station or nearby tourist place was another exciting way for children to spend their holidays and learn about a new place, local culture and people.
Over the years children have started getting involved in variety of activities like- camping, art workshops, music or dance classes, hobby classes etc. Going for a holiday is not the only option available now. It is a quite a challenging job for parents to find the right activity for their kids depending on their age and interests.
Here are 10 activities which children will not only enjoy during their summer vacation but they will also help in developing their talents and build their confidence and self-esteem.
- It’s time to play and make new friends – For children up to 10 years of age the best activity can be going out and playing and making new friends. The school life is very demanding even for the tiny toddlers. They also have to follow a strict time table and get very less time to meet and play with new kids. Interacting and making new friends is a great way for them to learn communication skills and also build up their confidence. Go to the nearby park every morning and evening and play different games or climb up the swings or just run around. Outdoor activity is also good for their overall health. Make sure that they wear cool and comfortable clothes while playing. Available at some of the best baby stores in Toronto, the clothes are meant for ensuring comfort to lil’ babies. Visit www.applebabies.ca for more information. Google offers more information about the range available.
- Spend time in nature – Nothing is more exciting and educating then spending a night under the star lit sky in a forest. Nature soothes and opens up our senses and we get rejuvenated. Find out the nearby forest area or a wild life sanctuary and just go and get wild and happy.
- Explore a museum – Learn about the history and the glory of the past and legends by taking a visit to a museum. It’s a very informative activity to get the kids engaged in.
- Showcase your hidden talent – Every child is talented. It just takes time for that talent to come out on the surface. So let the inner star shine. There are many options available like – music classes, dance classes, art classes etc. The child can also learn some new sport like badminton, golf, swimming etc. Visit Facebook to find the correct attire to be worn by your babies.
- Cooking Classes – This is another creative and fun activity for the kids. There are many classes where they can learn to bake and cook. It’s very relaxing and enjoyable activity.
Toronto specialty baby stores offer a range of clothes that are perfect to be worn when indulging in any of the activities above.