Divorce lawyers just like our family lawyer in ottawa include a whole range of services related to the customer’s overall legal service from the initial stages prior to the court proceedings until the final court decision. This assistance may be expressed in the following actions of your divorce attorney:
– Consultations at an office or at an address for collecting documents and giving legal advice.
– Preparation of the necessary package of documents for drawing up and submitting the application for dissolution of the marriage.
– Payment of the state fees due to the court and the institutions from which documents relevant to the case are to be drawn.
– Drawing up and submitting the application or the application form, enclosing all documents in accordance with the territorial jurisdiction of the court.
– Litigation before the court and the other party, maintaining and motivating the claims.
– Periodically informing the client about the progress of the procedure and the stage of the case.
– Receiving and handing over to the client the final divorce lawsuit.
Why do we need a divorce lawyer? Can we divorce ourselves?
From scripts on the Internet, many people have the impression that divorcing is extremely easy and everything is clear to them. Such a false opinion most often leads to delayed production, unpredictable results, and guaranteed problems in the future. It is very wrong and harmful to the clients themselves to make themselves court experiments, because as practice shows, such attempts always go out much more expensive and sooner or later customers go to a specialist, but then it costs more, because besides the problems that existed with the other party, the attorney will have to correct those who created the client himself.
Each party has to prove its demands and objections, and the burden lies solely with it. Which means that each party should put forward arguments and provide evidence to support them. If you believe that the court will, on its own initiative, seek property of the other party, take precautionary measures, demand and collect evidence, you are in a very deep mistake. All these legal actions should be performed by you or your divorce attorney.
The simplest, quicker and most effective way for your divorce to be a financially and psychologically acceptable procedure is to use the services of a specialized divorce attorney. Thus, the issues of proper filing of documents, the various complications that the other spouse creates, and all kinds of legal delays in delaying the process by the counterpart of the other party will be kept to a minimum. And if the lawsuit on divorce proceedings lasts more than one session after the first one, you may not be present, but leave the outcome in the hands of your procedural representative.
A common case in practice is that one spouse does not want to end the marriage. In this situation, the procedure itself is greatly complicated, and if one does not have the proper knowledge of the various means of summoning, he / she risks losing considerable time and nerves. Make sure you contact a lawyer in order everything to be finished in the best possible way.